CEO Lou Adler sees a revolution on the horizon for the hiring industry characterized by a focus on career growth rather than the need for just another job.
He proposes 8 disruptive ideas that could accelerate us into that future:
- Define jobs as a series of challenges, tasks and learning opportunities
- Individual job postings and traditional job boards are not needed.
- Jobs will be customized in real time.
- Target the entire talent market.
- The emergence of the hiring manager DIY model.
- The barriers to changing jobs for the right reasons will be reduced.
- Hiring managers will be offered a short list of high potential candidates to fill open jobs coming up over the next year.
- Career planning will become the rule rather than the exception.
Agree? Disagree? What do you think is the future of hiring?
Full article after the jump: